Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

WPAD and ISA 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

ameyUK

IS-IT--Management
Dec 20, 2006
GB
Hi all. I am in bit of a problem we moved from proxy settings via group policy to trying to get WPAD working correctly on our network. we have an ISA 2006 server which is acting strictly as a web proxy/cache server. We also have webmarshal running on the same server acting as webproxy and filtering.

I have set up WPAD via DHCP and DNS following microsoft technet articles to the letter. On my ISA server I have configured Auto Discovery for port 8080. web marshal web proxy is set up on port 80. Proxy bypass websites bypasses web marshal proxy fine but instead of going DIRECT it goes to ISA server and when i check the firewall log the request comes from ISA not the client directly.

would appreciate any suggestions, am not sure what am doing wrong..
thank you
ameyuk

does all request go via isa even though it is set to go direct!, if so why.. am bit new to isa..

thanks
ameyuk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back