Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

wpad and GPO force auto detection

Status
Not open for further replies.

lost4life

IS-IT--Management
Jul 2, 2003
US
I have installed an ISA 2004 server on our network. I do not want to hard code the proxy settings in IE due to having a lot of mobile users on the netwrok (that GPO works fine). I have created the wpad entry in DNS and when I manually select the Automatically detect option in IE- everything works. The problem is that most end users do not have this option checked in IE. I am trying to great a GPO that will force this setting but nothing seems to be working. In my tests, I have configured User Configuration\Internet Explorer Maintenance\Connection\Automatic Browser Configuration and I have also tried to import a configuration neither seem to work. Any suggestions?

Thanks for you help. The only problem with the DHCP solution is that users need to be members of the local admin group on their PCs which is not a solution for our network. The previous administrator had setup a lot of GPO's and serveral of them were preventing my settings from taking effect. Once I went through them all and changed some setting, it appears to be working. Thanks again

Not sure I follow, DHCP is not a user permisson based services. why would your users have to locals admin to get an IP address from the DHCP server ???

Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back