Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

WP12 SP1 - Merge doesn't work every time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronstid

MIS
Nov 25, 2002
US
When I first loaded WP12 w/SP1 I had no problems merging my .dat w/.frm files. I tested this before testing anything else because it is really important that this feature work for our agency. About a month later I loaded the program on 3 secretaries computers, and now the merge doesn't work correctly (even on my workstation). The only thing that changed was MS Windows updates (on all computers). (Using Windows XP Pro w/all patches & updates).

This is what happens:
I open WP and run the merge (existing files); it works fine. The next time I try to merge, the previous info is still in the dialog box (previous .dat & .frm files). It errors, but I cancel and try to rerun. No go! The file appears to merge, but doesn't. The form file is there witout the info from the dat file.

Does anyone have a clue what causes this or what to do about it? Please help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back