Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

WP10/WinXP/Address Book - !?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JFH2112

Vendor
Dec 21, 2004
US
I have a client running WP10 on several WinXP workstations. They've been having issues with File | Open and File | Save causing WP to hang. I updated two of the workstations' WP10 to SP3, then SP4, and that fixed the file problems.

However...

Now the CorelCentral program eats address books. :( I can create a new address book, and it runs fine until I reboot the PC. It then gives me an error about not being able to open the address book because of a login timeout error (I forget the exact error, but it's been mentioned several times in other threads here), and then the address book is *gone*. The files are completely wiped out.

Has anyone seen this behavior before? How would I correct it? Can it *be* corrected without upgrading to a newer version of WP? If I have to upgrade, should I go with WP11 or WP12?

More info:

This happens either under XPSP1 or XPSP2. I've granted full access for users to the HKLM/Software/Corel key in the registry, and for C:\Program Files\Corel. I have WP10 set to run in Win98 compatibility mode on one system, and not on another; both have the address book problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back