Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

WP10 and HP4550N and tray selection

Status
Not open for further replies.

LJMoore

MIS
Dec 27, 2001
US
User has WP10. When attempting to print something on standard paper (from WP10 ONLY!!!!) gets a control panel message/error "Tray 1 Load Plain Custom". This problem does not happen with any other applications on this PC. I am aware that if you hit the green button twice, the document will print. However, this only happens to one user. The other users do not experience this. I have uninstalled/reinstalled WP10 and the HP4550 drivers to no avail. The knowledge base is of no help, unless I missed something.
Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.
L Moore
City of Dover, DE

I have an issue that's very similar. WP10 and an HP Laserjet 5si. I'm trying to print labels, and it gives the same message, but hitting the go button doesn't get it to take. I have another computer running WP9 hooked up to the same printer, and it prints labels just fine after you hit the go button to ok the manual feed. Both machines will do envelopes just fine though. Any ideas? printer setting or WP10 setting? I'm doubting it's printer since the other machine prints labels flawlessly. Please help.

I still do not have a solution to this issue. I can't call Corel because they will say it's the printer and I can't call HP because they will say it's Word Perfect since all other applications print fine.

I would appreciate any help that anyone can offer.

Thank you!
L Moore
City of Dover, DE

LJ,

Have you tried defining a custom page in WP under format -page - page setup - options - new? This feature will allow you to insert a code in the WP document to direct the doc to a specific tray.

Don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back