Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

wp 8 password protected files will not open under w7 x64

Status
Not open for further replies.

downriver

Technical User
Aug 27, 2012
US
Subject line says it: I have a lot of Wordperfect documents that are password-protected and will not open in w7 x64. Some other wp docs will open, some won't; and I cannot choose wp's exe as default for text docs... not available for "association" or under "open with."

I have a version of x3 (licensed) but not installed yet, and also Suite 10, if either of those would help(?) But even if I do that, I see in other forums that x3 also had problems w windows 7 -- and the loss of access to the password-protected docs is the more important problem, by far! (I have installed the v 10 on my xp box and it opens v 8 docs ok -- but changes fonts and formatting.)

Is there a service pack, a patch or some work-around for this? I know the Suite 8 is old, but I still use it and, again, have lots of old documents in that format... help please...?

Thanx in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back