Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

WP 12 crashing thread67-1167171

Status
Not open for further replies.

wwgmr

MIS
Mar 12, 2001
US
I been looking into this problem and seems every since WP8 this has been ongoing issue with Word perfect has anyone found fix other then the work around I posted below this quote
"
ngagne (TechnicalUser) 19 Dec 05 12:58
WP 12, SP1. If I use File-->Open to open a WordPerfect doc, the application stops responding and I have to reboot. If I open the file from Windows Explorer, it works fine. This happens with multiple docs. Here is what I have done so far:

1.) Turned off the preview file option in the Open File dialog.
2.) Disabled and even went so far as to uninstall antivirus software.
3.) Cleared the temp folder.
4.) Uninstalled/reinstalled WP 12 and SP1.

Any other software can utilize the Open File dialog just fine.
"

The "Work around" is to
1. Go in Tools, Settings.
2. Select Files.
3. Uncheck Use enhanced file dialogs.

This work around is helpful but for people that need to use the enhanced features it isn't as helpful.
Just checking if anyone found fix yet

I've never had that problem. If you have such on ongoing problem, you must something else going on.

Try renaming the default template wp12us.wpt with wp closed. You can copy the path from Tools | Settings | Files | Template, close wp and then paste this path in Start | Run. Right click the WPT file to rename and then start wp.

Thanks I had tried that. This seems to be oem issue I think with what I'm seeing. Been happening on and off with WP since WP8 back in 1998 lol. So maybe just some systems have issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back