Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Wow SBT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbrendan

IS-IT--Management
Dec 13, 2001
GB
Hi All,

I just found this SBT forum. Ive been doing work for a company who use an 'old' version in dos. Anyone still using the old dos versions out there?.

cheers

We are still using the series 6 modules. We have made so many changes to it to fit our needs we hate to change. What modules are you using?

I still know the 6.x version rather well. I have been using & supporting SBT since 1988. What is your question

Hello,
I have an old version of SBT. How do I find out what build it is? We have allot of custom code implemented into the system so I hate to discard it all and start over. Just moved code to a Windows based os and I need to figure out how to print to a networked printer. Not to in touch with dos, got into the computer scene with win 95 so any help would be great.

Hello,
I have an old version of SBT. How do I find out what build it is? We have allot of custom code implemented into the system so I hate to discard it all and start over. Just moved system to a Windows based os and I need to figure out how to print to a networked printer. Not to in touch with dos, got into the computer scene with win 95 so any help would be great.

Hi Christopher,

Im not sure how you find the version no. I think we have version 6 for dos.
Our source code is in clipper, and we have many customizations done over the last 10 years.

When you windows do you mean NT or 2000 or something else.

How are you running SBT? Its a dos based version?. If so just open a dos window.

The printer should be mapped to the default windows printer.
Or you could use from the dos prompt
net use

to see the available dos options try
net use /?

hth

cheers
brendan

To find the build in SBT
Logon to SBT
open System Manager
select Help
select Technical Information