Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Would U.S. tech. staff accept low salaries for an adventure in an exotic locale?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeterMAS

Technical User
Apr 3, 2012
GT
Background:
I have devised and built a database and software that enables the launching and maintenance of voluminous information websites (in 14 languages) that tap a massive, lucrative market.

I've had offers of funding but investors want to see a team.
Lack of capital has subjected me to a succession of would-be collaborators who contribute nothing and quickly move to steal the database.

I’m broadening my search, probably for US tech. staff (because that's where we will eventually go) so as to avoid green card problems.

Question:
Would someone find this an exciting challenge or am I barking up the wrong tree:
1. Located in colonial town in Central America with a wonderful climate and a very low cost of living
2. $1,000 a month plus meals and accommodation
3. A minimum 12-month commitment
4. Equity

I’ve done things for the adventure, but that's me. I see salaries for startups which say this offer would be ludicrous. Your feedback will be invaluable.

Are you looking for just anybody (a body) who wants to be on your team (since “investors want to see a team”)? Or any IT person (with just the knowledge of Cobol, or Fortran, or Pascal)?
Or IT people with particular Web developing abilities? Data base? Other?

Have fun.

---- Andy

A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station.

Thanks Andy
The db is in two Access dbs to be ported to SQLServer and output the webpages from there.

And then jigged for output to various media (phones, tablets) although much of this is already catered for in the db.

Graphic design skills would be useful but that's not a top priority.

The complete functioning core is there (except maps and I know exactly what I want and how): very developed--It took 9 months to test.

It's designed to have lots of bells and whistles and the tech staff will also work on those AND most of all I need some disparate views of the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back