Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Would like to use framesets

Status
Not open for further replies.

neerajam

Technical User
Mar 4, 2002
US
I would like to create a page with 3 frames. The top frame (horizontal) a dropdown box populated with data from a database thru sql. When I click a city from the dropdown box I would like the data(names of customers from the city in the dropdoiwn box)to be presented in the left frame and all dates that orders were placed in during the last 10 weeks to be presented in the right of the 2 vertical frames.All the sources for the frames are asp pages. Would appreciate it if someone would suggest ways to achieve this goal. Thanks in advance.

Hi Neerejam

Sql database table

1) tblCity
- ID = PK
- CityName = NvarChar
- CustomerName

Then you create a dropdown box that has a onchange behaiviour and fill it with the citynames. You also add the Primarykeys needed to the url, so that you can build a new sql statement based on that in the left frame. You also need to add a onload script in the left frame that pass the sql information that is needed along to the other frames so you based on that can present the other information in the right vertical frame.

This is one way to do it, hope that helped.
(the sql tables might need to be modified in case you are building some form of shopping cart or simulair.)

Regards

M

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back