Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Would like more information on jQuery

Status
Not open for further replies.

LarrySteele

Programmer
May 18, 2004
US
I *just* started using jQuery for my new ColdFusion app. I've already worked with a couple of solutions, so I'm not looking for something to solve a specific question. Rather I'm looking for a *good* source of jQuery information. I know how to use the Great Google Machine, but I also know that there is a lot of bad/misleading/outdated information scattered in with the good. Since I'm just learning about jQuery, I don't have the knowledge to tell the difference.

Here are some of the questions I have...

Where can I find a *good* synopsis of jQuery. What tools/solutions does it provide? What's required? What pitfalls await the novice? What are things to avoid? What's a good source how to implement jQuery solutions (written for jQuery novices)?

Thanks in advance.

Have you tried the jquery website?

Since its there product they are the best source of information for it.

They also have a complete reference to the functions and tools it provides.

Basically jquery is a extension to Javascript. You should be quite familiar with JS to use jquery and understand what it does.

There's nothing jquery does that you can't do with a bit of judicious coding in JS. The only difference is it proves many functions already made to complete many common tasks. Whih otherwise you would have to code yourself.

As for requirements, you only need the jquery library included into your website, and you can start using the functions within.

----------------------------------
Phil AKA Vacunita
----------------------------------
Ignorance is not necessarily Bliss, case in point:
Unknown has caused an Unknown Error on Unknown and must be shutdown to prevent damage to Unknown.

Web & Tech

Now why didn't I see that on their site? I know it was a late night at the office last night, but...

Thanks Phil. Funny, I kinda feel like sitting in the corner with my coloring book now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back