Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Wot? No Ranking?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 16, 2001
GB
I have a simple report detailing sales by type of product by point-of-sale (POS). I have used Kloppers dynamic date filter (posted Dec 14 200, thanks Klopper!) to show only last months sales. Thus I have created a local measure <Total sales last month>

The report is sectioned on the POS dimension, and the data is arranged into seperate crosstabs for each section. Each crosstabs rows and columns show totals.

I want the report to show me only the top 20 POS's ranked on total sales. So, I have selected the POS dimension in the report, and clicked on 'Ranking'. As expected, the <Total sales last month> measure is available as a measure to rank upon.

However, after BOb has finished computing, it seems to have singled out the top 20 POS's, but fails to sort them into descending order! It almost gets there, the results are roughly sorted, but I kinda get the impression that BOb could be paying a little more attention!
A couple of POS's whos total sales are getting close to equal are incorrectly sorted.

Has anyone encountered this problem before? If so, is there a solution?

Many thnaks in advance...

Phil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back