Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

World A7.3 - how do I give users WRKSPLF ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

turbolift

IS-IT--Management
Apr 26, 2003
US
I am now the support person for JDE World in my company. I know nothing about the product. I've been reading the Tech manual trying to understand how I can give my users the ability to locate their printouts but am getting more confused rather than less.

How do I give them this access (in essence WRKSPLF command)? What do they need in the AS400 user profile? How do I set up their menu security for this? Do I have to add that command to their menus or do I just flip a flag somewhere? Please help! Thanks.

you are talking about the "hidden" menu selections,, for example,, you can key the number 25 and press enter,, and see what the objects are behind the menu. There was a great book written about the JDE World, it was a "how to".. do an amazon search and see if anyone has a used copy for sale.. well worth the expense. Also,, goto enroll in the World section.. and ask tons of questions.. Also I found this web site after I googled JDEdward hidden selections.

The book I mentioned is Worldsoftware, and administrator's guide.. I bought it used several years ago,, but it was well worth the money I paid for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back