Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Workstations can't find Access Application after compact

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkatz13

Technical User
May 26, 2003
US
After I run compact/repair on a mbd file the workstations cant find the file, they say path not found. I'm on an ethernet with 3 machines. If I move the mdb file out of the "my documents" folder and then move it back eveything is fine again. Its access 2000. Any ideas would be appreciated as I would like to automate the compact process. Thanks in advance

Mike

zeven tried writing batch files moving mdb to desktop and then back to mydocuments folder. Still cant open from client except after I drag icon outof my documents onto desktop and then dra it back. Otherwise get message cant find file from any owrkstation nexcept machine app is placed on .

Maybe Illl try another batch file usingt xcopy instead of move. Wonder if that can make a difference?

If you are using Win2000 or Win XP, other workstations do not normally have access to The My Documents folder on another computer. Try putting the MDB in a Shared directory, not My Documents or the DeskTop.

Thanks , but I fixed it a different way. Seems on compact the new file produced takes on the attribute of the user's temp file. Setting the temp file to shared solces it.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back