Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Workstation Move 1456 Error 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmattson

IS-IT--Management
Jul 3, 2001
US
After moving a workstation to a new container I am unable to do a remote control. I receive a 1456 error. I am able to do diagnostics and load applications.

Any ideas?

In addition when I move any workstation from the original 'ZENWORKSTATIONS' container I am not able to do anything at all (remote control/diagnostics/inventory) however the DLC works after rebooting the workstation.

What version of zenworks?

Did ConsoleOne have the current ZfD snapins in place when you move the object?

Check the reg key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Novell\Workstation Manager\

Make sure it has the correct context, if it doesn't and you have already done two reboots of the PC, you may need to manually edit the key to the correct context.

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+
Brent Schmidt SPOOOOON!!!!! [hippy]
Senior Network Engineer
Keep IT Simple

Were on 7.01 (not sure what patch - how do I check that?)

I believe Console One has the latest snap-in. I downloaded the latest patch level for 7.01...HP3? but I don't see any update for Console One in it.

I checked the context (workstation object) and that is correct.

So I unregistered the workstation. Re-registered it. Verified that all function were good (in ZenWorkstation conainter), moved the workstation to another container, rebooted twice, verified context and now am getting and 1802 error (operation is currently unavailable on target machine).

Brent,

I apologize in that I did not add that container to the associated policy. Did that and all is working. Thanks for your help.

The snapins will install on the server you choose to host the agents, as well as on the local PC if you have ConsoleOne installed onto it.

You can also download the snapins here

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+
Brent Schmidt SPOOOOON!!!!! [hippy]
Senior Network Engineer
Keep IT Simple

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back