Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

workstation boot up with 'pic' from server

Status
Not open for further replies.

pudsey41

MIS
Jun 15, 2002
GB
i am ''running' a school network
what i would like is that as all NT 4 workstations startup they look to the server for an animated gif to display as the background.
2 reasons for this , 1, i would know the network is working ok on that wks and ,2, it would look 'cool' ..... :)

Can NT workstations use animated gif as background (suppose they can with desktop update, but that slows machines down).

By the way - if users can log on to the doamin, you know network is ok, you don't need to copy down a gif file every time.

Also animated gif could get rather annoying on the desktop (nice novelty - wouldn't want it there all the time) - have you asked any opinions about this?

You could use a mandatory profile to set this up (everybody has same profile - with daid gif on desktop) - there's also policies - where you can specify desktop settings - but not sure if that will work with desktop update - suspect its bitmaps only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back