Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Worksheet disappears when loading spreasheet

Status
Not open for further replies.

keeg13g

Technical User
Feb 1, 2002
US
Hi,

I have a weird problem. One of my users uses large spreadsheet (15+ mb). Most days is fine but now and then when he opens the spreasheet, the worksheet disappears and you can see the desktop through it. Althougth the menus at the top and the bar at the bottom of excel is fine. Its NT4 workstation using office 2000. I have uninstalled office 2k and reinstalled it with SPs. Also applied SP6a. I really have no idea of pin pointing the problem.

Has anyone got any ideas?
Many thanks
G

Check in task manager to see if there is an instance of excel running in the background before you open the sheet. If there is one running, it can cause this to happen.

I have found that if I run a macro prior to opening a sheet and all objects are not cleared at the end of the macro, it leaves an instance of excel running in the background which, in turn, causes problems opening a new spreadsheet.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back