Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Worksation only tick box in client 49sp2

Status
Not open for further replies.

johndavies

Technical User
Oct 2, 2003
GB
I have a problem with users logging in via workstation only (Windows 2000/XP). Is there anyway of 'unchecking' this tick box each time the user logs in. I know you can take the option away on the menu but I find it a handy way to login if the network is down.

I am using novell client 49sp2

My advice to you, is to remove the workstation only checkbox, then follow the instructions below.

1. Novell client configuration properties
2. Advanced login tab
3. Set the "Workstation only login after network fails" to on.

This will automatically log you in locally (provided you have a local account on the system) if the network is login fails.

I don't know of any other way to work what you want, but perhaps someone else does.

In the same options, there's a "Remember Workstation Only" Setting... Turn that off and it won't 'stick' if they happen to use it once or twice.. That was a big problem when the 4.9 client first came out, and Novell has been gracious enough to add an option to help control it.

Marvin Huffaker MCNE
Marvin Huffaker Consulting

Home of the BLUEGUNK Punk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back