Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Workplace VoIP and Twinning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Albus2

Programmer
Sep 18, 2010
CH
How do you setup to have Workplace as a SIP Phone and at the same time use Mobile Twinning for incoming and outgoing calls?

For incoming, its clear we need the mobile number in users Mobility setting in Manager. Then he has the option to toggle Twinning within Workplace.
However, this does not change the SIP status, i.e. there are two parallel calls to the user. 1x by SIP and 1x by GMS.

For outgoing, additional parameters are required. To define FNE number and dialing rules. While I know how to do that, it means we need a separate settings file.
Workplace ignores the 46xxspecial.txt file, and therefore we need a static file, based on a copy of the auto-generated one. This is really ugly!

And then, if a twinning number is configured, this is against the BYOD approach of workplace, as this detail need to be set by admin, or another method.
However, I see the twinning number is always called regardless if the feature is on or off. Until it is removed from the config.

Anyone with a useful setup?
Thanks for advice and probably a screenshot!

Was it a stupid question, or is there no good answer?
Still looking for some tips. Many thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back