Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Working with XML

Status
Not open for further replies.

sweep123

Technical User
May 1, 2003
GB
I need to receive data from a database, but I am told that the means of reading the data will be via XML (file ?). The database is static, just that an export facility will be use every now and then to export the data out in XML.

I have read up on XML, but struggle to see how to interface with this data format via Visual Studio .Net (C++).

The XML uses a DTD.

Anyone with some words of wisdom?

I suggest you read some documents about XML DOM, that may help to move pointer around XML file.

working with XML is a piece of cake when using MSXML parser. You can use in a easy way any kind of parsing, validating agains DTD/XSD/XDR, SSL transformations....

Ion Filipski
1c.bmp

Working with XML is pretty simple when you use XPath queries to get specific node(s).

Please, read the mk:mad:MSITStore:\\CDSERVER\CD717\MSDN\xmlsdk.chm::/htm/xslpg02_0ju0.htm
in MSDN library

Giordano, what you just have sayd is part of what is named MSXML

Ion Filipski
1c.bmp

Yes, Ion.
What I have mentioned that it is not so difficult to work with XML using MSXML - if you are using XPath.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back