Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Working with workflow to automate notifications

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
What would be the best way to start the workflow to automate notifications?
I am starting on the Field Service in PS and wanted to know the best approach to use workflow to automate notifications and processes based on the statuses of the phases and tasks in a business project. I guess what I am asking for is a nudge in the right direction.

Which version of peoplesoft are you using? I only have experience in version 8. But generally you start by defining activities and business processes. In the activities, you define events and routings. Business processes are simply a collection of related activities.

X is right, you need to define the process to workflow. Take a look at your PeopleBooks for the example they use for Purchasing workflow, thats a good example to use. If you have any specific questions, let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back