Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Working with Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

kschomer

Technical User
Aug 1, 2000
US
I am exporting data from a Call Center appl. (CentreVu by Avaya communication. The report I export has time in hours:minutes. I import the data into a number field. However, I cannot convert the number value to hours:minutes and have the hours:minutes MATCH. Any ideas? I have even tried doing my own calculations and converting the format. I must be doing something wrong. ie. the number in the communication software is 2:39 (2hrs.17 minutes). The number imports as 159.44000244. Even if I calculate the number on a calculator 159.44000244 divided by 60 the result IS NOT 2:39 rather 2:66. Has anyone worked with importing time? Please let me know. Thanks, Karen

the number in the communication software is 2:39 (2hrs.17 minutes).

I sense a basic dichotomy in this statement. The 2:39 (2 hours and 39 minutes by anybody's determination) looks like it should really be read as 2 and 39 hundreds of an hour, which would then seem to come near the 2 hours and 17 minutes you counterattack with...

I think this may be the root of your problem. Your software is sending time in hundreths of an hour, and you're looking for sixtieths of an hour...

78.5% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
Another free Access forum:
More Access stuff at

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back