Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Working with asp pages without the presence of a Web server!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ntbutic

Programmer
Nov 29, 2000
CZ
Hi
I am designing an architecture where same scripts should run both server side and also client side(when the server is off using a temporary database).Well MSDN documentations made me confused where denoting:"IIS SENDs asp pages to asp.dll" Now I am trying to SEND asp pages to asp.dll by myself but what SENDing means.Because of this phrase i was thinking that asp.dll is something special but when browsing its lib I just saw familiar asp objects but not specific methods for getting asp and returning html.
Thanks!

You will need to install IIS locally in order for ASP to run successfully. You cannot run .asp pages without a web server.
Monte Kalisch
montek@montekcs.com

Thank u.I know my question is funny but with "Without a web server" I meant PWS too.Well parsing asp is imposible at the first glance maybe terrible at the others! but I want to save the most reusability of the written VBscripts of
my pages well maybe WSH can help but I am looking for easier answers.

Sure, you could use WSH to do some of the things you're talking about. I mean, both ASP and WSH use VBScript, but that doesn't make them similar in other areas. If your desired effect is to have a "standalone" version of your ASP/Web application, then you'll have much trouble without a web server.
Monte Kalisch
montek@montekcs.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back