Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

working w/stills

Status
Not open for further replies.

drmemory

Technical User
Feb 7, 2001
US
I have several stills I'd like to use in my project. Is it possible to "move" on the stills? For example, if I have a portait, is it possible to have Premier "pull out" from the eyes to the full face, to the full photo.

You can use motion... Right-click on the clip! But beware, zooming in on a still, depending on the resolution, will only give you more and more pixalation as you get in closer!

;-) "Smile. It makes people wonder!”

oldnewbie...I'm not sure I understand.

Assume I have a picture of a girl, standing up, holding a sign that says "Hello from Miami", with a beachball at her feet.

Can I have Premier frame a part of the photo that just includes her face/head, and "move" or expand the field of view of the frame until the entire picture, (girl/sign/beachball), can be seen.
thanks

OK! Let's say you have your still with a 10 secs. duration.
Right-click on it! Select Motion. Hit the key in point (that's your starting point), & click center. Picture will center in the small framing window. Do the same thing with the key out point.
Click again on the key in point. Now type in 200%( or whatever) in the zoom box & position your new starting point with the other imput boxes.... vertical, horiz... etc.
In the preview window you should now see a pulling out from your start framing to the full framed positioning of the out point. You can change that out point too, if you want, in the same manner, maybe having it leave the frame alltogether. Experiment, that's the best way to learn!

But remember, this is not like zooming in or out with a camera, this is more like a cropping of your picture. Depending on the size of your still and it's resolution, the more you zoom in, the more the quality of the picture will degrade!

Good testing!

;-)
"Smile. It makes people wonder!”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back