Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Working print server w/ drivers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tjlst15

IS-IT--Management
Mar 20, 2002
US
I'm about at my wits end. I can't seem to get the print drivers piece to work for Samba 3.0. If anyone has gotten this to work, could you please post a walk through? I'm trying to have my print server (Red Hat 9) serve drivers for its shared printers to Windows XP machines.

Thanks

I'm having a similar problem using Redhat 9 and samba. I can see the printer from my XP clients either by going start run //server name or network places. When I do a test page or open a word document it goes to the cue with no error message. When I print a test page I get the message did page print successfully. I have no problem printing from the redhat sambe server terminal. If you have found a solutions please let me know also
Thanks

I've figured out my problem. I had to add all the printers using a windows 2000 machine. Try to add printers using the add printer wizard on a win2k machine instead of an XP machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back