Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

working out the method

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yardyy

Technical User
Aug 13, 2002
GB
Hi,

Not sure if this is the right forum or not, so if anyone can help me out point me in right direction that would be great..

I need to find out what the calculation method was for the following codes..

Code, Answer
1026 540763
6045 642838
2217 498194

Essentially, there is a calculation done on the code ie 1026, and the generated answer is 540763.

Its a very old program that we have inhouse, written some many moons ago, author is no longer here and as such with legacy applications no documentation either. Please help, am at my wits end..

Many Thanks
Yurov Ardyy

Hi

Is that old program written in JavaScript ? If yes, show us the code. If not, try in the forum dedicated to the used programming language.

Feherke.
[link feherke.github.com/][/url]

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply, its actually a dos based program, but am not sure what the language is..

Many Thanks
Yurov Ardyy

Hi

Post a sample from that code. Somebody may recognize it. Also specify what extension the file name has and how do you use them ( compilation, linking, running, whatever ).

Feherke.
[link feherke.github.com/][/url]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back