Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Working IP Office 500 v1 4.2 suddenly cannot dial out on PRI. Call come in fine.

telecomgear

Technical User
Dec 16, 2005
US
This system has been running for years. Suddenly PRI calls cannot go out. The customer made a change, so I thought they corrupted the database. I uploaded a working config from a few months ago and the result is the same. The system gives me a tone and the calls will not go out. I've checked my settings and all look go. The customer called the provider and they said they are good and not getting my digits. I've dialed 9 and also waited for secondary dial tone (also dialed without checking for secondary dial tone and get the tone from the IP Office), called my number, it does hit the PRI card, then I get a fast busy. I've posted a monitor file of a call I made to a working cell phone ending in 1845 from extension 182. I'm seeing some data that looks suspicious, but can't tell what I'm seeing. Take a look and please let me know. Thank you

Attachments

• bbrothers.txt
    20.9 KB · Views: 10
Not knowing your config this line looks like a problem.

Problem with Line Id: 101, Unlicenced -1, NewCallResourceCheck( ) -1

You might want to verify you have licensing for all the channels. It should have 8 without a license. Maybe reduce the number of channels to test. It would explain incoming which starts at channel 1 working and channel 23 not working.

Thank you.
The vm computer died and we put 11.0 software on the new computer even though its an old 500 running 4.2. Ill remove some channels and post my findings.

The calls still won't go through. I've checked the licenses. All are valid with additional licenses for all the PRI channels too.
Main short code is 9N, dial, N, 50: Main
ARS short code: N; N Dial 3k1 0
1N; 1N Dial 3k1 0

I’m by no means an expert on monitor but looks like your call hits channel 23 for outbound sending 11 digits and then you get this below. Not sure if it’s what you are sending to the provider that they don’t like or the provider itself which is the issue. In most cases with PRI and SIP we send 10 digits.

359748mS CMLineRx: v=1
CMReleaseComp
Line: type=Q931Line 1 Call: lid=0 id=1017 in=0
BChan: slot=0 chan=23
Cause=3, No route to dest./(5ESS)Calling party dropped while on hold

359748mS CMCallEvt: 0.1017.0 4 Q931 Trunk:1 CHAN=23: StateChange: END=B

I’m by no means an expert on monitor but looks like your call hits channel 23 for outbound sending 11 digits and then you get this below. Not sure if it’s what you are sending to the provider that they don’t like or the provider itself which is the issue. In most cases with PRI and SIP we send 10 digits.

359748mS CMLineRx: v=1
CMReleaseComp
Line: type=Q931Line 1 Call: lid=0 id=1017 in=0
BChan: slot=0 chan=23
Cause=3, No route to dest./(5ESS)Calling party dropped while on hold

359748mS CMCallEvt: 0.1017.0 4 Q931 Trunk:1 CHAN=23: StateChange: END=B
I have short codes for 1N and for N in ARS and even system short codes that act as speed dial codes that send 10 digits that have all worked before. I've used the 1 plus and even 10 digits to dial out and still get the call rejected. I'm going to call the provider and make calls to see exactly what they're getting. I'm running out of options. Thank you for your reply.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back