Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Working draft of 2 TR (Technical Reports) for new (or newly standardiz

Status
Not open for further replies.

WMK

Programmer
Jun 2, 2003
US
There are "Working Draft Technical Reports" (WDTR) available on the web for two features that aware currently scheduled to be reach public review within the next year - and hopefully reach official ISO TR status in 2006 for COBOL. They
are:

"COBOL Collection Classes"
at:

and

"Native COBOL Syntax for XML Support"
at

There are also related documents (discussing issues - both resolved and pending - and historical information)

"Collection Classes - Historical Discussion "
at

and

"Issues for the XML TR - Resolved and Open"
at

The actual "WDTR's" are written as "change instructions" to the 2002 ISO Standard, so reading the detailed information may be a challenge. However, they do include "Concepts" sections (although the "Collection Classes" concept section is a little sketchy in my opinion).

In order to avoid having delays in the processing of these documents when they actually reach the official "Public Review" process, I would suggest those interested in these topics review them NOW and send your comments as soon as
possible. You can submit comments to the J4 chair at:

Don.Schricker <at> icrofocus.com

Or, if you are outside the US *and* you want your specific country to form a position on this, you can contact your "National Standards Body" (J4 will accept input from outside the US, but you may - or may not - have more impact by contacting your specific standards group. To determine what Standards Body represents your country in ISO, see:

As WG4 (the ISO Working Group) responsible for COBOL is meeting 18-21 October2004 - in the Netherlands, I would suggest you providing your input in the mosttimely manner possible.--Bill Klein wmklein <at> ix.netcom.com

Bill Klein

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back