Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Working Directory reverts to My Documents in Paradox 11 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlockley

Technical User
Nov 28, 2001
US
That's about it. Paradox chenges the working directory back every time I use it. I found this solution But the entry pdoxregcl does not exist in Software>windows>run yada yada, nor elsewhere in the registry.
I found something about Berryl's location of the registry entry before, but I can't relocate it. Does anyone know where to find the setting?

Corel, in its wisdom, created a RUN command that resets *all* preferences to THEIR choice at install - AND every time you reboot.

Search the registry and blow that entry away. As well, you can search & destroy Pdxregcl.exe - which is the file that keeps resetting your settings. But you need to do the registry stuff regardless.

Tony McGuire
"It's not about having enough time; we have the rest of our lives. It's about priorities.

Thanks. I actually found something on Corel (rare). It is not in the registry (good) but it was started (bad). According to Corel, it is a spyware program. Working on finding it and destroying it right now with Spybot running to see what else slipped in. Here is the Corel support article. I should have looked there first.

I was spelling it wrong. Two registry entries removed. Spybot hasn't found it yet, though. Thanks again.

I've never heard of this being spyware.

And you say Corel says this?

OK. Read the article.

Had never seen anything except that it was installed when people installed Paradox. Thanks for that link.

Tony McGuire
"It's not about having enough time; we have the rest of our lives. It's about priorities.

I wonder if it really is, or if someone at Corel managed to get it onto the disk. It is listed as an add in. As I mentioned elsewhere, it raises a few questions. Not recognized by Spy Bot or Ad aware and does not come up in a google search as a corrupting program.

It is at least on the X3 install CD.

Corel is just lying - again.

Someone there made a stupid decision, and now the company isn't owning up to it. That, or they are owning up to being a spyware company.

STUPID STUPID STUPID.

Or in Corel's case, par for the course.

Tony McGuire

It's beyond stupid. It's just fraud. That was my suspicion, but I thought someone else should confirm it. Thanks.
Stoopud, stoopud, stoopud indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back