Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Workgroup reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

BombOne

IS-IT--Management
Sep 5, 2007
US
Hello,

I am using the stock basic workgroups on my shoretel system. I am about to roll this out to several small locations, all for the same company that I work for. there will be 12 or so workgroups. My concern is with the reporting, has anyone used additional software to give different access based on login name? The workgroups will have different supervisors, and each will be responsible for their people. I don't want them to see each others data, and ideally they wouldn't have to enter in the workgroup ext# each time they wanted to run a report. Any one do something like this?

Pete

I took a look at the admin permissions section and created a role for reporting access only. This is on R12.1, so I am not sure if it's this way on yours if you are on a different release. It has an area to select access to specific user groups. Maybe you could put each group into a different user group and then create a role for each supervisor to use.

We dont use workgroups so there is not data for me to pull reports against so I couldn't do a real world test. Worth a try.

I tried it, and thanks for the suggestion. I made a role for reporting. It appears to allow access to all reports, or no reports. the user group seems to only apply to configuration, not viewing reports. I set all the access to none, and I still can view all the reports. and the settings for work groups, only tells my role if it can make changes to the workgroup...

I am on 12.0 though, maybe they improved this. I need to upgrade anyway, I will have to do ti and take a look.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back