Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Workgroup Information File - access 2002

Status
Not open for further replies.

colinbell

Technical User
Jul 15, 2004
GB
previous versions of access pre-2002 - the workgroup administration file could be found as an executable - it joined to the system.mdw file on \windows\system32\system.mdw and we created new workgroups for our own databases and had the path as follows

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\MSACCESS.EXE" "\\servername\applications\RepairNots\SecureRepairs.mdb" /wrkgrp "\\servername\applications\Repairs\System.mdw"

these paths still work ok but I notice when I log into access (stand-alone or secure as above) using my account and go tools-security-workgroup administrator it says

c:\Documents and settings\rhughes\Application Data\Microsoft\Access\system.mdw

is this right ?

we are having major problems with our Access Database since moving to the new Citrix metaframe XP servers from our Windows NT servers when they were fine

I hope this is nothing to do with it !
any help appreciated

regards
richard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back