Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Workflow Step (Email)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lolo5935

Programmer
Jan 19, 2012
EU
Dear all,

Initiator step send doc to approval user step.
Approval user step has a duration of 7 days.
Can we send automatically an email to approval team 2 days before end of duration step ?

Thanks

This is not in the Core Product, but you could create a Livelink Agent, or use LAPI/WebServices etc, to get a list of Workflow steps that are due and send an email.

If you are comfortable using OScript, or know someone who is, then I would recommend the OScript Agent approach, if not, then I would look at WebServices / LAPI as there is a wider scope of supported languages.

Greg Griffiths
Livelink Certified Developer & ECM Global Star Champion 2005 & 2006

Thanks a lot Greg for your reply.
I'm developer but I don't have knowledge about OScript.
Do you know if I can find informations about it (tutos, docs) please ?

In fact, I am annoyed because I have two similary problems.
The first is explained in this topic.
The second, is :

In approval document workflow, user step must approval request from Initiator. Also, there is a delay for this step. If delay is over then workflow must move automatically to next step (ie. auto approval). Therefore, user step needs disposition (Accept or Reject) and auto approval, when delay is over.
But when I put disposition, workflow wait choice from user ... and I do not know how to move to next step when delay is over.

But it seems that the code is the key for these 2 issues.
and I have no informations to do :/

You can start with OTDN ( which contains links to various documentation and code sample pages.

Given your lack of OScript, I would recommend that you use WebServices to achieve what you need as LAPI is now deprecated.

Your second question, you may be able to use the DELAY step in XML WF Extentsions to do what you need.

Greg Griffiths
Livelink Certified Developer & ECM Global Star Champion 2005 & 2006

Thanks a lot Greg :)
I'm going to see that and I will do feedback.

My feedback about second question.
It doesn't work but probably I do not do it right.
In my design, I have :

User step with 2 ways.
First to Evaluate Step (with disposition : Accept or Reject)
Second to Delay Step

I configured Delay Step with attribute value (time to delay).

When time is over, it nothing happens.

Also, I modified parameters in XML Workflow Extensions (schedule) and Workflow Agent Parameters in Livelink’s workflow administration. Do I have to restart livelink services ?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back