Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

workflow issue ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vikind

MIS
Dec 11, 2003
US
Hi,

I am trying to run a presession command task for my workflow
the command task looks like below (the db server is SQLSERVER and i am working on the client the INF server is DEV02)

isqlw -S \\DEV02 -D HPXR -U user -P password -
i "C:\audit.sql" -o "C:\AuditResults.txt"

when i run my workflow it keeps running indefnitely when i checked the session log it shows this

"MAPPING> TE_7022 TShmWriter: Initialized
MAPPING> TM_6007 DTM initialized successfully for session [S_MP_MEMBERDIM]
MASTER> PETL_24004 Starting pre-session tasks."

Any ideas what is wrong as the pression stored procedure is not getting executed is my path wrong as i tried the above
command from my local systems command prompt and it works fine. but when i put it in the command task it fails..I suppose i have to put the audit.sql in the Source Files directory in informatica server i tried that too but still the session fails..

thanks for any help!

If you look in task manager, doesthe isqlw program show up? When you say it fails, does the workflow complete with an error or does it fail to start the command?

"I think we're all Bozos on this bus!" - Firesign Theatre [jester]

in the workflow options for components i created a new command and when i click on the command editor it does not show the isqlw under drop down.. i copied the isqlw command
and pasted in the command editor. should the isqlw command appear in the dropdown if so how can i do that..as i am working on the client machine. secondly when i run the workflow keeps running and i have to abort the workflow
i checked the session log the pre-session command does not seem to be running ..what could be the problem.

appreciate your help!

"MAPPING> TE_7022 TShmWriter: Initialized
MAPPING> TM_6007 DTM initialized successfully for session [S_MP_MEMBERDIM]
MASTER> PETL_24004 Starting pre-session tasks."

I'm not sure what you mean by "should the isqlw command appear in the dropdown". The command object allows you to run anything you want run at the command prompt - you need to add this yourself - as you already did.

Also, does the isqlw program exist on the INFA server? I would suspect the job would fail right away if it's not there. Have you verified it works on the INFA server (not your local client)?

When you start the workflow, go the the task manager on the INFA server and check to see if the isqlw program is running. If it is, see what the cpu time is. If it never changes from 00:00, then you'll need to create a batch file with the command and execute the batch file in your command object. I've seen this kind of behaviour with VB programs on the SQL server scheduler. It doesn't make any sense to me why this happens, but this always solves it for me - doh! :)

"I think we're all Bozos on this bus!" - Firesign Theatre [jester]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back