Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

WORKDAY, NETWORKDAYS, HOLIDAYS HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kcoleman26

Technical User
Oct 26, 2007
US
Excel 2003

I have played around now with the several functions WORKDAYS, NETWORKDAYS, that can add in my holidays. The functions above only calculates the WORKDAYS, is there a function or formula that can count the totals days but if it falls on a weekend or holiday push it to the next avaliable workday.

Ex.
Groups Arrival Date is Monday 12/29/08
Our managers must make a phone call to the Group 16 days prior to their arrival date. In this case that would be on Saturday 12/13/08 I want to change that date with the formula to be Monday 12/15/08. So it can be added to their outlook calendar on that day.

This is my current formula that is calculating the 16 workdays from the arrival date. Including excluding the Holidays
=WORKDAY(F4,-16,C65505:C65514)

Thanks,
KC

Take the date 17 days earlier and add 1 work day.
=WORKDAY(A1-17,1,C65505:C65514)

Gavin

Hi,

Check out thread68-1520258.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my old subtlety...
for a NUANCE![tongue][/sub]

Gavona

Thanks that formula worked...

It may push the date back to a Friday that would normally be a Saturday but that actually works better than the idea of going to the next avaliable work day.

Thanks,
KC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back