Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Workbook containing active X controls opens really slowly

Status
Not open for further replies.

smurf01

IS-IT--Management
Jul 6, 2002
GB
Hi, i have a workbook that contains numerous sheets and also command buttons and forms, when i first created it everything was fine but now when i open it it takes approx 4 mins. I have copied the workbook to other users PC's and it opens within 1min. is there something about the code that is slowing my machine down

I had a similar problem. It was caused by .emf files being generated in the temp directory each time a VBA button was clicked. emf stands for enhanced meta file and is generated when a graphics object is activated, i.e., a button. Check your temp folder. If you have thousands upon thousands of .emf files, this could be your problem. Microsoft has code that you can use to fix the problem. Do a search on excel2000 or office2000 and .emf on the microsoft website.

Thank You larisalle,
betwenn sending in the question and your reply i did find the code you referred to on the microsoft site and it has worked

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back