Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Work Orders (MSB740) not printing

Status
Not open for further replies.

zimson123

Programmer
Nov 11, 2003
ZW
We are having a problem on the above mentioned subject which started in week 10. PM wocs are being dropped and the reason for that according to the system its open woc. The most surprising thing is that all PM wocs are closed before committing for the next week which means that we won't be having open wocs as the system says. How best can we solve this issue because its now 6 weeks operating with a such a problem. The system can drop all wocs for a work group or a minimum of 5 or less wocs for example this week:

WORK GROUP PM WOCS CREATED PM WOCS DROPPED

TUEUGBM 9 26

TMECRBM 2 38

TMESKBM 0 25

TMEWSEL 1 3

TMEWSHT 2 14

TMEHIEL 4 16

TMEGRHT 3 4

TMESHRG 9 0

TMEPCFT 27 0

TMEHIFT 1 12

TMECPFT 1 7

TMELDFT 0 11

TMEALFT 0 8

TMEDEEL 0 4

TMEPREL 0 2

According to the information above only 2 work groups executed without any problem i.e TMESHRG and TMEPCFT. I am still to work on the equipment which has been left out so that I will let you the schedules that have been dropped.

We have ellipse 521. When the users complain that their work orders are not printing I look at the msq740 and see the scheduled work date. Some times the users run the MSB740 job and bump the schedule soo far into the future that nothing is there to print. Every time the MSB740 runs it bumps the work group to the next scheduled date. We had to set the MSB740 up on a weekly schedule and remove access for the users to get around this problem. As far as re printing the job cards the users have to manually do this via the msq620 screen.
I know this is a Mims forum but I hope this will help.

Zimsom:

If you look at the work orders that were created in past committed scheduling periods is the WO status 'CLOSED'? If yes, and the new MST WO is not being generated you might want to run the MSH740 against these work groups. This housekeeping program will clean up / close WO records for scheduling. I just had to do this last week as we found some WO's showing as backlog in current schedule but the WO itself was actually closed.

Let me know if that helps!

Rgds
Donna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back