Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Work Management Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lurky

IS-IT--Management
Oct 31, 2003
GB
At the moment, we have 3 IT Staff who receive work requests via e-mail, however, if one of those 3 is off, the job's they receive are unkown of untill they return, resulting in major delays.

What we would like, is some software where users can submit work requests, these requests then stored on a server, and the IT Staff can read through the submitted work requests and allocate job's to themselves, so when another member of the IT group checks for jobs, thy can see that certain jobs are already being worked on or have been completed.

Does anyone know of the best software to use, or able to point me in the direction of a forum where i may be able to find out?

Mark

P.S Apologies for using this forum, it was the closest thing i could find for my request.

"Experience is the result of failure

Mark;

I would recommend using Track-It by Intuit. It's fairly easy to nail up, easy to train clients on, has decent reporting, email integration, blah blah.

Here's a link, which includes a free demo.

~wmichael

"small change can often be found under seat cushions

Or some sort of Help Desk software, like HEAT.

-------------------------
Sometimes the grass is greener on the other side because there is more manure there !

Whilst you are evaluating the appropriate software, you could simply set up a shared email account that forwards all mail, which would be requests, to the email addresses of all helpdesk people.

You could also just set up a "helpdesk@...." account that everyone receives copies of mail from.

An interim solution.

m

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back