Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Work around for outbound calls while T1 is down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpxmannjr

Technical User
Dec 10, 2003
US
Need to do work on long-distance T1s and want outbound calls to go over other Ts. Route patterns have Group 3 (long distance) as first in line and the others as 2 and 3 but when Group 3 is busy or unavailbe, calls just fail, don't roll to the other T1-s.

Any ideas? Thanks!

You probably don't have the correct npa setting and/or prefix mark for the local pri's. setup a test route pattern to route 1 test LD number out via your local pri's. Experiment with the route pattern prefix marks (probably need a 1) until you get it correct. Also try an npa of 200.

-CL

thanks. I did setup the test pattern and got calls to go out over the desired Ts, the setup is actually the same that is in the pattern. Just not sure why the "failover" doesn't work when the first (long distance) trunk is busied out.

I had this problem on both traditional T1's as well as PRI's. On the traditional T1 the channels were gone but the framing kept the circuit alive. The PBX "thought" the T1 was there and kept sending calls that returned busy signals. On the PRI side. The B channels were down on one side but the D channel was up on both again causing the PBX to "think" the circuit was healthy.

Boy I love My Job
ED

1a2 to ip I seen it all

I have seen this also. A quick work around is to change the FRL of the first route step, so that it is higher than that of your stations (I set mine to 7). This will force your users to the second step in the route. Once the T's are back, you can restore the original FRL.

thanks for the help. I'll give the FRL change a try this time. I might alos just see what happens if I disconnect the T1 cat 5 from the DS1 card. This ought to prevent it from "fooling" the PBX into thinking the circuit, although busied out, is still up.

Try to busy the board instead of the trunk group, that should force the calls to go over the "failover" route.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back