Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Work around for Full Outer Join

Status
Not open for further replies.

toon10

Programmer
Mar 26, 2004
DE
Hi

I have two queries which return data. I then have another query which joins both of these queries together. So, I get all trade data and all commission data and join the two. The problem is I need a full outer join so I catch all records, some have just trade, some have just commssion and some have both. Is there a way to get around Access not allowing a full outer join??

Thanks

Hallo,

Can't you use a UNION query for the joining one?

- Frink

My query works with a left join in that it returns all trade data but it only returns commssion data where there is a match. I can't use a union in the query builder in "design mode" but if I switch to SQl mode, I get errors on my GroupBy statements.

Thanks
Andrew

Hallo,

Sometimes it's easier to produce two queries which return the data you want and then use:
SELECT * FROM qryTradeData UNION SELECT * FROM qryCommissionData;
If you want then sorted and it doesn't seem to behave as you expect, then create a 4th query SELECT * FROM qryTradeAndCommissionData ...

- Frink

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back