Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

WordPerfect installer errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

somedea

MIS
Jul 13, 2004
US
Hi, I'm getting WordPerfect installer errors when trying to print from other apps. We are using WorPerfect 10. When printing from other apps, the PC's are occasionally giving out WPOhotfix installer errors, or "the product you are trying to install is on a disk...." error, which requires about 20 cancels and x's to make it go away. I believe these errors may be related to print drivers, but most of our printers are networked, and I hate to have to replace the print drivers on all of our printers just because a few machines flake out occasionally....plus changing the driver doesn't always fix it!
Is there something else I can do to prevent these errors? I notice that this is more likely to occur if the default printer status does not show ready (you can usually print to the printer fine, test pages print, it just doesn't say "Ready" in the staus........it doesn't say offline or anything)
Thanks!

I wonder if the problem will go away if you can get the default printer to be in ready status at all times, including when WP loads. I know WP can have problems when a computer does not have a default printer - so possibly this is related.

You might also try the Corel user newsgroups - they have been very helpful in the past and I assume they are still active. Those are found under support on the Corel website if you are not familiar with them.

Good luck,
Don

I have wondered about the ready status. Does anyone know why the printer does not display (in the Windows printer folder) as ready? I have the same printer installed on 2 different print servers. One shows ready, the other doesn't.........same physical printer. Maybe I need to post in a printer forum. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back