Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

wordpad closes on startup. no error log found

Status
Not open for further replies.

jenniferl4

Technical User
Jan 5, 2003
US
i recently migrated my win2000 sp3 to a new EPOX 8K5A2+ with AMD 1800 motherboard and a highpoint 404 RAID pci controller card...all went well..until today outlook closed down while i was composing a reply to an email...i tried 3 more times to finish the reply, but each time outlook suddenly closed the program...i also noted that wordpad would not launch. "wordpad has generated errors & will be closed by windows,. an error log will be generated." but i can't find the error log in dr. watson (drwtsn32.log)..could the log be full? it also says to restart the program...but wordpad fails each time...i then tried to uninstall outlook, but each time the installer (msi.dll) fails....the cd is fine, i tested it on my other computer...i am only mentioning the office problem in case they are related...i run norton internet security..no bugs..all updates for 2000 & office are installed..
i have only been able to find reference to the wordpad in relation to failing to open a file..i am not trying to open a file, just open wordpad.. i believe wordpad is part of win2000
jennifer :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back