Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

WORDML - how to create the "ns0:" references 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobk5444

Programmer
Jan 28, 2005
US
hello in this article on namespaces:

the presenter is using label reference:
targetNamespace="urn:example:foo:1">
i think to generate the ns0: ns1: namespace labels i believe.

Can anyone tell me where that urn:.... is located or is that a static reference?

also sometime i will see others us a URL like or such
can you tell me where that URL would be pointing too? would that be on someones c: local drive somewhere like in an IIS directory or?

what i'm really trying to do is using the appropriate tool to assign a ns0:abc to a schema element in WORDML and i think i need to use a targetnamespace or something like above to do that...and i would then us that ns0: labeled element in an VB xquery refrence

thanks for any help on this
bk

thanks very much

>the presenter is using label reference:
>targetNamespace="urn:example:foo:1">
>i think to generate the ns0: ns1: namespace labels i believe.
It is not to "generate". I mean that the (schema) document is to describe the vacabulary of the namespace "urn:example:foo:1". The prefix ns0: and ns1: have meaning only locally, local to the document itself.

>Can anyone tell me where that urn:.... is located or is that a static reference?
It is located nowhere. It is just a unique identifier, supposedly in conformance with the format as detailed in the rfc3986 (entailing its series in the past which it is supposed to be superceding.)

>also sometime i will see others us a URL like or such
can you tell me where that URL would be pointing too? would that be on someones c: local drive somewhere like in an IIS directory or?

Same logic: it is not pointing to any physical resource(s) anywhere. It is just an identifier.

>what i'm really trying to do is using the appropriate tool to assign a ns0:abc to a schema element in WORDML...
Meaning? if ns0 is pointing (locally) to the WORDML's namespace, abc should be an element describe in the schema proper to WORDML. That's all you need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back