Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

WordArt printing problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

colinrharris

Technical User
Oct 24, 2002
GB
I am trying to resolve a problem on a P4 with 512MB RAM and Win XP. When producing a document in Word 2000 SR1 and adding WordArt, the document prints OK except for the WordArt element. This happens on existing documents that have previously printed correctly as well as on new documents. Other graphics such as clipart, jpeg's, etc. all print OK in a Word Document. The Wordart also does not appear in the print preview. No other program has any other issue even with big jpeg's so I dont think its a memory problem.

Recent changes to the PC are the addition of a DVD writer, Roxio Easy Media Creator and Photoshop Elements. Uninstalling both programs did not resolve the issue. The problem documents printed OK on another computer. The printer is an HP Officejet 7110 which has the latest drivers. I have cleaned up the computer and ensured that there is no Spyware on it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Are you SURE the problem PC has the latest printer driver? It sounds like a printer driver problem.

Gerry

Absolutely sure. I also uninstalled the driver and reinstalled because I also thought it was the printer driver.

What is the word printing mode and picture layout? In my case, for draft mode, only framed graphics is previewed/printed, for inline shape only white space remains.

combo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back