Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Word2000 Startup Folder in Multi-User system

Status
Not open for further replies.

HyderTM

Programmer
Nov 23, 2000
GB
My problem is this:

I have an application which uses a Word template file to configure MSWord's menus. The installer we've written locates the Word 2000 Startup folder, and copies the file there.

The application is fine if you are logged on to the machine as the person who installed the app. - the problem is that every user has to install it individually.

Does anyone know how to set the machine up / install the template so that it is automatically available for every user - without each user having to install it themselves.

We're running Word2000 on NT4

Thanks

Tom Marshall
tom.marshall@hyder.com

Going out on a limb here, but isn't there a folder that contains info for each specific user and another that is the default for all users? I think I have seen something like that before. You would probably have to login as an administrator, and make the install into this common folder.

Hope that at least gets you going in the right direction...

Terry M. Hoey
th3856@txmail.sbc.com

Ever notice that by the time that you realize that you ran a truncate script on the wrong instance, it is too late to stop it?

Terry - I belive what you're thinking of is the Profiles folder (c:\winnt\profiles). These contain folders for each user, as well as a folder for All Users, Default User, and Administrator.

Maybe that'll help...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back