Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Word XP Errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

biaya

Technical User
Nov 14, 2002
GB
Hi
I've had Office XP on my laptop for about a year and a half. I've always had one problem which is described in (1) below, but now I have another huge problem described in (2) below. I'm at my wits end. I've uninstalled and reinstalled. I've tried installing Works to see if that helps but it didn't. I don't have any software to check it either! Any help would really be appreciated as I've been trying to do some urgent work at home and I can't because of the constant problems. Thank you.

(1) Each time I carry out any formatting on a word or paragraph, the entire document formats. I then click Undo, and all the formatting reverts except the word/paragraph that I wanted. So, although it works eventually, it is a pain having to undo each time. This happens whenever i use bold, italics, underline, numbering, justification - the lot! Why oh why?

(2) Now for the biggie. Every time I do any typing now Word hangs. I end task and get the technical details on the error which says: Docume~1\Carrie\Locals~1\temp\wer11b.tmp.dir00\winwowrd.exe mdmp. AND Docume~1\carrie\locals~1\temp\wer11b.tmp.dir00\appcompat.txt

Many many thanks - as always!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back