Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

WORD - Virus scan freezes Master Docs

Status
Not open for further replies.

bischofb

Programmer
Jul 5, 2002
US
I have a Master Doc with 3 subdocuments. When I try to expand the subdocuments Word freezes up. The status bar at the bottom says "Requesting Virus Scan". The Task Manager says that Word is at 100% of CPU time.

I set security levels to Low and I disabled Symantec Virus protection. Nothing fixes it. My next step is to build a new partition that has no virus software on it and I will only use it for finishing my book.

Can someone tell me how to disable the Requesting Virus Scan or keep the computer from freezing up?

Thanks,

Brian Bischof

Nice post, but it still didn't fix it. Must be the process of Word making the virus request rather than the virus program crashing it. I don't know. The one thing I realized is that I never had any problems with Word crashing until I installed SP1 & SP2 this weekend. Now it seems to also lock up when I open the Styles document.

Any other ideas out there? I think I'll uninstall Office XP completely and reinstall it to get rid of the service packs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back