Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Word to HTML conversion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WestCoastKid

Vendor
Jun 3, 2002
US
Hi,
I'm still new to HTML and what HTML I do know is considered dated by todays standards. Is there a product or website available that would interface similar to MS Word and convert my text information to valid HTML?
For example with MS Word you can underline and bold the text, change the text color, alignment etc.
Ideally I'd like a program to turn that formatted text into HTML, I could then "plug" into my website.

I thought microsoft offered something like this but I cannot remember.

I'd suggest looking at Macromedia Dreamweaver MX. It has a free 30 day trial (with no restrictions) and the manuals are all online... the idea is to really "try-before-you-buy". It has certainly improved a lot over the past few versions.

Hope this is of use!

Jeff

There are a lot of WYSIWYG (What you see is what you get) editors -- some a lot less expensive than DreamWeaver. I'd suggest you start with a FOSS (free, open source software) editor like Mozilla's (Netscape's) editor. Word can export HTML, but I'm afraid it's output is not Standard, and it's HTML output is just a mess.

You might even consider something along the lines of Emacs or vi, where you type HTML, and the editor does syntax highlighting so that if you make a mistake it becomes more visable, but your writting real HTML... Just a suggestion.

[plug=shameless]
[/plug]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back