Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Word tmp files 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jic

Technical User
Feb 18, 2002
US
What is the difference between wrd and wrl tmp files and why do they remain on the drive sometimes and sometimes they go away?
Thank you, J

why do they remain on the drive sometimes and sometimes they go away?"

I am not even sure Microsoft knows. I sure don't. I want to know why the temp Normal.dot file (~$Normal.dot) sometimes persists, even after Word is closed. Sometimes it does, and some times it doesn't.

faq219-2884

Gerry
My paintings and sculpture

In previous version to Word 2007, if you use Word as your email editor in Outlook and Outlook has been opened, Word stays in memory ready for Outlook. It will only close when both Word and Outlook are closed down.

At this point, all the temp files should close. However, if you have been doing any copy/pasting, the temp files created by copy/paste may remain until a reboot because they are still 'active' on the Office clipboard.

Regards: tf1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back