Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Word table moved but smears text where it was

Status
Not open for further replies.

DTSMAN

Technical User
Mar 24, 2003
US
I created a table in Word. Drew it myself, not auto. Drag it down to the location I want it, and the text that is there now is smeared when printing. No it is not the printer. When I highlight that text it highlights the table text as well which is 12 plus lines down the page. I have selected markup but that doesn't show me anything.
What did I do wrong. Is there a fix? I hate to start over after creating this custom table and all the other typing I have done as well.
Thanks.

Bo

Remember,
If the women don't find you handsome,
they should at least find you handy.
(Red Green)

I just copied the table to a blank document and the cursor flashes about 12 lines above it, and hitting delete doesn't bring it up. So, somehow I have something above it and can't find it.

Bo

Remember,
If the women don't find you handsome,
they should at least find you handy.
(Red Green)

Check the table properties to see if the Text Wrapping is set to None. If it is set to Around, you could have Positioning set up to be relative to the page. If you want it to be set to Around, make certain you've changed the vertical position to be set at 0", Relative to the Paragraph.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back