Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Word screen black out when tracking changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

vgangoo

Technical User
Dec 20, 2012
US
I'm using Word 2007 and my boss is using Word 2010 and we have the same issue. We have several documents that have Track Changes turned on & there are several changes within each document. When I move the mouse pointer from the track changes bar on the righthand side of the screen to the middle of the screen where the document is, a black box appears over most of the screen & I can't see the text underneath. If I scroll down, the box goes away, but if I move my cursor in the same way, it comes back. I've heard it may be a "video issue." Not sure if I agree with that, but if so, what kind of issue and how would it be remedied? If not - help!

Just a guess here, but try to change the screen's refresh rate.

Go to Screen Resolution, Advanced settings, Monitor tab

Have fun.

---- Andy

Your problem is almost certainly a display driver issue. Checke the maker's website for an update.

Cheers
Paul Edstein
[MS MVP - Word]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back